Saturday, November 15, 2008

Terror in the Front Yard

November 15th, 2008

Well today has not been a good day for a lot of people loosing their homes in the many raging fires all over Southern California. Today was not a good day for myself either as I woke up to find one of the two outdoor cats I take care of, ripped apart and decapitated in my front yard. She was such a sweet cat, she didn't deserve to go that way especially in her own front yard. I'll assume a dog, not on it's leash, got to her as she liked to sleep towards the front of the drive way in order to get a good view of her neighborhood. I have never seen a coyote in my city neighborhood yet.I feel for Zora, the other cat outside who's alone now after being her side kick for the last 9 years. She's been looking for her all day. I guess it's survival of the fittest in the animal kingdom.Zora misses you Amber Bamber as do I when you were not there for dinner. I pray you didn't suffer long through your savage demise. This day's hard to write up in that "gratitude journal."

In memory of Amber

No comments: