Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Why Do We Have To Get Old?

Holy Crap! I haven't truly exercised for almost two years so last night I decided hey, there's a hill right here, why not climb it. I dusted off my stretch pants and work out gear, put fresh batteries in my MP3 player already filled to capacity with catchy fast tunes to motivate my stride, and set out to conquer the hill.


1.4 miles and 25 minutes later, I returned home feeling like I conquered the world. Okay the first step is the hardest right? Made dinner when I got home and really didn't feel like eating much so that's a good first step. Until last night!!!!


I think the worst thing about getting old is your mind says "Yes I Can" and your body says, "Ha Ha you fool!! I swear I was up at least 3 or 4 times in such pain in my shins. The only thing to do is try and stand on it to make the pain go away. But that didn't even work last night. I was have asleep sweeping through the medicine cabinet trying to shove any medication down my throat that I thought would stop the pain. Then, my common sense set in and warned me not to just take something, expired and prescribed a few years back for pain, that's been lingering on the shelf warning me to stay away. So, instead I endured the pain and tears and spent the night hoping in and out of bed. Today, being the first of the month couldn't be busier day for me and I work on the 2nd floor that has 16 stairs to climb up to. Plus the boss has been away so today he decided to see how many times he could send me up and down these stairs. My poor old bones. But.....

IT IS WHAT IT IS

I am grateful for having two legs to make me be able to walk in the first place. I'm grateful for my sporty MP3 player and the computer to connect it to to download music into it and I am grateful I live in a nice home in the hills with a beautiful view. Got home tonight and climbed it again, in pain, not as fast and not as far but still managed to do it. Now I'm on a roll. Just PLEASE let me sleep!!!

No comments: